Sunday 10th March 2019 in Siena (SI, Tuscany-Italy)
It is at La Fortezza Medicea, Siena (SI), 8.30 a.m
It is in Piazza del Campo, Siena (SI)
Open to all the F.C.I. members and members of sport promotion bodies with sport medical certificate for the agonistic cycling and to foreign amateur racing cyclists with their regular 2019 UCI membership card, released by their National Cycling Federation or presenting ethic certification in English and the Sport medical certificated done according the online model. The race, is also open to members of the Sports Organizations Bodies that have signed the agreement with the FCI for the year 2019 (ACSI, CSI, CSAIN and UISP), and members of the Sports Organizations Bodies that must present the Bike Card together with the card of its own Body (for the list of the SOB, please have a look here https://bit.ly/2HZKeRn
AM I ELEGIBLE IF I AM NOT A MEMBER OF ANY TEAM?
Yes, the race is open to all who doesn’t have the membership. A daily card will be activated at the cost of €15,00 for the civil insurance. In order to have the daily card, it is necessary showing the sport medical certificate (for agonistic cycling) independently from the route chosen. For the people who are 18 years old and people over the 65 years old it is compulsory only the middle route of 86,6km
Example of Bike Card 2018
We cannot provide you the Daily Card and you are not eligible for the Gran Fondo.
The Daily Card is a document for the athletes that are not member of any team. The Daily FCI Card allows you to be covered by the insurance that all team members have. The price (set by Federazione Ciclistica Italiana, FCI) is €15.
The registration must be done only and exclusively online with credit card on the website www.endu.net. It will be possible to pay the Daily Card online in order to avoid the queue at the race number collection.
No, registrations close on 1st March 2019 at 00.00. The registration must be done only and exclusively online with credit card on the website www.endu.net. It will be possible to pay the Daily Card online in order to avoid the queue at the race number collection.
The online registrations close on 01/03/2019
If you are not sure of your registration’s outcome,
- check if you have received an email from Sdam.
If you have received the email, you are successfully enrolled for the race.
If you have not received the email, maybe, you are successfully enrolled but:
- You gave us the wrong email address or not in use
- The email is in the Junk mail
- Our email has not been accepted by the server of your email address
- If you haven’t received the payment confirmation you are not registered
- If you have received the payment confirmation but not the email: please contact us at email@example.com
The participation fee is €70.
- Bib number
- Timekeeping service
- Sportful Bodyfit Pro Classics Jersey
- Technical Vest SITIP
- Technical Gadget inside the race kit
- Official Race kit
- Breakdown assistance (spares are not included)
- Medical care during the race
- Refreshments and Feeding points along the route
- Broom wagon service
- Pasta party at the finish
The organization will open the starting grids at 07.00 a.m
Race numbers are provided after the registration deadline, from the 1st March. They will be communicated via email with all the useful information in the days following the registration deadline.
Saturday 9th March 2019 at the Fortezza di Santa Barbara (Fortezza Medicea), Siena from 09.30 a.m to 7.00 p.m.
Yes, the first 2000 numbers will start in grids, which will be communicated to the participants, located on the wall of the Fortezza Medicea. The next numbers will be divided in grids located in the parking outside the Fortezza. The organization will disqualify immediately who will be caught picking a different grid and who will be caught in a starting grid with a different race number.
If you are enrolled and you cannot participate, the entry fee won’t be refunded. In this case you must communicate it at firstname.lastname@example.org by the 5th March 2019 at midnight, in order to make your entry fee available for the 2020 race.
The registation valid for the next year is nominal and it can’t be given to others and it is valid only for the next year and it will guarantee the position at the start of the 2019.
Substitutions between athletes are admitted only by the 1st March 2019. For this operation it will be requested an extra fee of €10,00.
You have to bring your membership card or the sport-medical certificate if you are enrolled as “individual”.
Yes you can. It will be necessary to provide at the race number collection a signed mandate, a copy of your membership card and a copy of your ID.
- Route 1: Gran Fondo Strade Bianche – 139,2km
Route 2: Half Fondo strade Bianche – 86,6km
Gran Fondo Strade Bianche uses the official Timer MySDAM with technology based on a “chip”. Each participant will wear a personal chip or a daily chip (it can be rent) in order to appear in the standing. The wrong or missed use of the chip will not make you appear in the standing and your time won’t be measured.
Yes. You can take 7 hours max to end the race. The race closes by the 3.30 p.m of the 10th March 2019.
The final standing will be available on the newspaper and on the website www.gfstradebianche.it. The Team standings will be available considering the number of the athletes regularly departed.
The athletes overtaken by the “end of the race” car will continue the race as normal cyclists and they must observe the traffic laws keeping the race number on their back.
Yes, it will be at the tail of the group. Please keep in mind that the bicycles of the forfeiting participants will be brought inside the Fortezza Medicea. It will be possible to collect your bicycle by showing your race number and your ID. It is not guaranteed that the broom wagon will come back at the technical area at the same time of the bicycles collected.
The organization doesn’t guarantee any services to the participants which will not figure in the standing.
Yes, there are three: Start, along the route, Finish
Yes, there are three refreshment points.
3 feeding points:
- at km 27 (just before Radi and the third gravel road)
- at km 64,2 (San Martino in Grania, just for who does the long route)
- at km 104,2 or km 54,1 just for who does the shorter route (at Vico d’Arbia)
Yes, inside the Race pack together with your race number, you will find a voucher for the Pasta Party at technical area(?). Relatives and friends can benefit from the same service by paying a little duty at the technical area.
Yes, there will be showers for all participants at Stadio Artemio Franchi (next to Fortezza Medicea).
Yes, there is. You will find cars and scooters following the group and the checkpoints located in the same location of the refreshment points. Any private assistance is strongly forbidden. However, it is allowed to make provisions at the feeding points.
Yes, there is. You will find ambulances, medical car and scooters and qualified paramedics.
Yes, there is along the route and at the finish line.
- The participants can choose freely the most suitable route during the race following the checkpoints
- Gran Fondo Strade Bianche is an agonistic/competitive/ sporting event, so the traffic laws are in force.
- The athletes overtaken by the “end race” car have to continue the race as common cyclists keeping the race number on their back.
- It is mandatory for everyone to show clearly the race number on the handlebars
- It is compulsory to wear and well fasten the helmet
- It is absolutely forbidden to throw waste along the route, in order to protect the environment. It is mandatory to throw the waste in the specific baskets at the feeding point or at the finish line. The organization will disqualify those who won’t follow the rules.
You can visit the official website www.gfstradebianche.it