Here you can find all the useful information about the race:
- BIBS AND RACE BAG: you will be able to collect them (by providing us with your Federation regular 2017 membership card or the Health Certificate for cardiovascular intensive sport activity, signed and stamped by your own doctor, and a valid identity document) at the FORTEZZA MEDICEA in Siena (Piazza Caduti delle Forze Armate, 53100 Siena SI) Saturday 4 March from 10 to 19. In some exceptional cases, only for residents of the surrounding area, the race bag will be available for collection between the times of 7.00 and 8.15, still at the Fortezza. Groups (with a minimum of 20 members) will be able to collect their numbers from one/two personnel members by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of the members. The email must be sent by the 1st March. For the collection, the team must present an identity document and their Federation regular 2017 membership card (or photocopy of one) or the Health Certificate for cardiovascular intensive sport activity, signed and stamped by your own doctor for every member.
- START: Fortezza Medicea, Piazza Caduti delle Forze Armate, 53100 Siena SI, at 9.00am.
- FINISH: Piazza del Campo, Siena
- TIME LIMIT: 7 Hours
- END OF RACE AND END OF MANIFESTATION: we remind you that after that one the “fine gara ciclistica” car passes all cyclist must rigourously respect the rules of the road. The Car with “end of manifestation” (Fine Manifestazione) is the vehicle that follows the last participant.
- REFRESHMENTS: at km 27 (just before Radi and the offroad sector 3), at km 64,2 (San Martino in Grania, only for those that are doing the Gran Fondo), at km 104,2 or km 54,1 for those doing the Medio Fondo (at Vico d’Arbia).
- MECHANICAL ASSISTANCE: 4 Selle Italia cars that follow the first group, 5 motorbikes that will be mobile within the middle group, 3 fixed locations near refreshment points.
- MEDICAL ASSITANCE: 4 fixed ambulances (2 at km 29,5 at Radi, 1 at 44km at Casone, 1 at 61,5km at San Fabiano on the lungo), 4 following ambulances, 4 medial cars, a coordination point in Piazza del Campo.
- PASTA PARTY: will be operating within the Fortezza Medicea
- CHANGING ROOMS – SHOWERS: you will find toilets, changing rooms and showers at the Artemio Franchi Stadium in Siena (Viale dei Mille, 3, 53100 Siena SI), not far from the Fortezza Medicea.
- PARKING: in Siena almost all available parkings are toll parking. To avoid ugly surprises (fines) you can visit the dedicated website: www.sienaparcheggi.com. As an alternative you can use the Stadium parking or Train Station parking that are the same distance from the Fortezza, but they are all toll parking.
- OFFICIAL PHOTOGRAPHS: Sportograf (www.sportgraf.com) is the only agency that is authorised to take and supply pictures of your participation in the Gran Fondo Strade Bianche by Trek 2017.
- EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBER: only in case of EMERGENCIES (!!!), during the race you can call this number: +39 3771756263.
- TREK DRAW: remember to come by the Fortezza on Saturday at 19:30 because we will host a raffle for the Trek Madone, an exclusive opportunity for those who sign up for the Gran Fondo Strade Bianche by Trek 2017
- RESPECT: during the race we invite you to respect the environment and personnel that decided to “work” on Sunday so that you can have a, hopefully, unforgettable experience.
Have Fun !!!