- September 12 is coming soon and our first and outmost priority is safety for the Gran Fondo Strade Bianche Pinarello.RACE NUMBER PICK UP: You can pick up your race number at the VILLAGE on Friday, September 10 and Saturday, September 11 from 9.00 a.m. to 7.00 p.m. at the Fortezza di Santa Barbara (Fortezza Medicea), Piazza Caduti delle Forze Armate, 53100 Siena. It will not be possible to collect the race numbers on the race day. To pick up the start number and to participate you have to present one of the following documents recognized by the Italian Health Service:
- Certificate of recovery from Covid-19, valid on race day
- Covid-19 vaccination certificate (full vaccination)
- a negative antigen swab test or molecular test: the certification is valid for forty-eight hours from issue and is produced, at the request of the interested party, in paper or digital format, by public health facilities and accredited private ones and by pharmacies that have carried out the antigen swab test or molecular swab test, or by general practitioners. The certification will need to be valid for the start number pick up on September 10 or 11.
- Italian Green Pass
- EU Digital COVID Certificate (DGC)
Only certificates in Italian or English will be accepted.
All participants must present themselves in person at the start number pick-up. It will not be possible to delegate third parties for the pick-up of the start number. It will be possible to delegate third parties only for the pick up of the start bag, jersey and vest without the start number and therefore for the participant not to participate in the event (download here the form for the delegation only for the start bag pick-up https://bit.ly/3t0whtS).
To pick up your start number proceed as indicated below:
DAILY LICENSES: If you did not buy a daily license during the registration process, you can purchase it cash onsite, the cost is 10 euro. Remember to follow the DAILY LICENSES signs.
CHIP: If you are interested in renting a chip, the cost of the rental is 10 euro, out of which 5 euro are returned at the end of the race once the chip is handed back in. Also this cost can be paid only cash.
JERSEY AND VEST: the size that will be given to each participant is the one indicated during registration.
EMERGENCY NUMBERS: medical emergency number +39 338 664 1228
START: Fortezza Medicea, Piazza Caduti delle Forze Armate, 53100 Siena, at 8.00 AM on Sunday, September 12, 2021.
- 1st grid 1-300
- 2nd grid 301-600
- 3rd grid 601-1000
- 4th grid 1001-1400
- 5th grid 1401-2000
- 6th grid 2001-3000
- 7th grid 3001-4500
- 8th grid 4500-6500
FINISH LINE: Piazza del Campo, Siena
TIME LIMIT: 7 hours – by 03.00 PM of September 12, 2021. PLEASE NOTE. The time limit to transit through Radi to ride the longer route (Gran Fondo), is 10.00 AM. All the riders whom will transit (through Radi) after this time, MUST ride the short route of 86,6 Km (Medio Fondo).
END OF RACE/END OF THE EVENT: the vehicle with the sign “FINE GARA CICLISTICA” establishes the end of the road closure. The athletes overtaken by the “end race” car will continue the race as normal cyclists and must observe the traffic laws keeping the race number on their back. The vehicle with the sign “FINE MANIFESTAZIONE”, follows the last participant and establishes the closure of the entire event within the maximum of 7 hours, as the race regulations.
- at km 33 (just after the end of second gravel sector in Grotti)
- at km 73 (San Martino in Grania, just for who does the Gran Fondo)
- at km 118 for Gran Fondo or km 65,4 for Medio Fondo (at Vico d’Arbia)
LUNCH BOX: On Sunday, September 12 from noon to 4.00 PM, for all participants a Lunch Box will be distributed in the Fortezza Medicea.
BIKE PARK: It will be located at the Fortezza Medicea and open on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The bike park is subject to availability.
BROOM SERVICE: A broom wagon service will be operative at the back of the race. We remind that the bicycles of the riders that are collected will be deposited at the BIKE PARK inside the Fortezza Medicea as soon as the vehicles return. It will be possible to collect the bicycles based on the race number corresponding to the race number fixed on the bicycle and an ID document.
PARKING: In Siena almost all parking lots are subject to a fee, in order to avoid bad surprises we advise you to consult the useful website Siena Parcheggi. Also the parking area of the Stadium (closer), of the train Station and of Fonte Branda, are subject to a fee. The parking lots around the Medicea Fortress, are free of charge. For those arriving in the city by camper, we recommend the parking area “Il Fagiolone” which is free and has connections.
OFFICIAL PHOTOGRAPHS: Sportograf is the only agency that is authorized to take and supply pictures of your participation in the Gran Fondo Strade Bianche 2021.
RESPECT: During the race we invite you to RESPECT THE ENVIRONMENT AND PERSONNEL that decided to give up their Sunday to allow you to have an unforgettable experience.
GRAN FONDO STRADE BIANCHE PROGRAM
Friday, September 10 and Saturday September 11
- 9.00 AM: VILLAGE opening and Race Number pick-up for Gran Fondo Strade Bianche at Fortezza di Santa Barbara (Fortezza Medicea) Piazza Caduti delle Forze Armate, 53100 Siena
- 9.00 AM: BIKE PARK opening
- 7.00 AM: VILLAGE, BIKE PARK and race number pick-up closing time
Sunday, September 12 – RACE DAY
- From 6.30 AM: Start Sectors opening
- 8.00 AM: START – Fortezza di Santa Barbara (Fortezza Medicea) Piazza Caduti delle Forze Armate, 53100 Siena; FINISH – Piazza del Campo, Siena
- 11.00 AM: BIKE PARK opening at the VILLAGE
- From 12.00 PM: Distribution of LUNCH BOX at the VILLAGE
- 3.00 PM: Official time limit
- 4.00 PM: VILLAGE and BIKE PARK closing time
For info: email@example.com