Here you can find all the information you need to live a magic experience at the Gran Fondo Strade Bianche:
BIB NUMBER AND RACE BAG
You can pick them up at FORTEZZA MEDICEA of Siena (Piazza Caduti delle Forze Armate, 53100 Siena) on Saturday March, 3rd from 09.30am to 7pm.
You will be able to collect your bib number by providing us your federation regular 2018 membership card (no udace membership card but only the replacement acsi-udace) or the health certificate for cardiovascular intensive sport activity (cycling), signed and stamped by your own doctor, and a valid identity document.
In some exceptional cases, only for residents of the surrounding area, the bib number/race bag will be available for collection on Sunday morning, between 7.00am and 8.15am, still at the Fortezza Medicea.
ALL INDIVIDUAL RIDERS:
- who have already purchased the FCI DAILY CARD on line with the registration for the competition, and have uploaded the Health Certificate for cardiovascular intensive sport activity (cycling) online (on ENDU), must provide compulsorily the ethics declaration (attached) printed and signed, to collect their bib number.
- who have already purchased the FCI DAILY CARD online with the registration for the competition, and have not uploaded the Health Certificate for cardiovascular intensive sport activity (cycling) online (on ENDU), must present it compulsorily when they pick up the bib number, with the ethic declaration printed and signed.
- who have to buy the FCI DAILY CARD (€ 15.00 the cost) must go to the DAILY LICENSE counter, before picking up the bib number and race package. They must provide the Health Certificate for cardiovascular intensive sport activity (cycling) and the ethics declaration (attached) printed and signed.
GROUPS (with a minimum of 20 members)
They will be able to collect their bib numbers by one/two personnel members by sending an email to email@example.com with a list of the members. The email must be sent within and not afterFebruary 28th 2018. For the collection, the team, must provide an identity document and the Federation regular 2018 membership card (or a copy) or the Health Certificate for cardiovascular intensive sport activity (cycling), signed and stamped by the doctor, for every member of the group.
Start is from the Fortezza Medicea, Piazza Caduti delle Forze Armate, 53100 Siena, at 8.30 am (March 4th) and finish is in Piazza del Campo, Siena.
7 hours – by 03.30 P.M. of March 4th, 2018. PLEASE NOTE: The time limit to transit through Radi to ride the longer route (Granfondo), is 10.30 AM. All the riders whom will transit (thourgh Radi) after this time, MUST ride the short route of 86,6 Km (Mediofondo).
END OF RACE
The vehicle with the sign “FINE GARA CICLISTICA” establishes the end of the road closure. All cyclists who have been overtaken by it, are obliged to strictly respect the road code, otherwise they will be disqualified from the race.
END OF THE EVENT
The vehicle with the sign “FINE MANIFESTAZIONE”, follows the last participant and establishes the closure of the entire event within the maximum of 7 hours , as the race regulations.
- at km 34 Grotti
- at km 64,2 (San Martino in Grania, only for those that are doing the Gran Fondo route)
- at km 118,2 of the Gran Fondo route – at Km 63,8 of the Medio Fondo route (in Vico d’Arbia)
- 3 Shimano cars following the first group
- 5 motorbikes that will be mobile in the middle of the group.
- 3 fixed locations near the refreshment points
- 9 Mobile Rescue Units (MRU) e 3 Medical Cars dislocated as:
- 4 fixed MRU (2 at km 40,1 in Radi, 1 at km 60 on the Medio Fondo route, 1 at Km 75 in San Fabiano on the Gran Fondo route)
- 2 MRU following the race from the start
- 1 MRU in Buonconvento following the first 300 riders of the Gran Fondo route
- 2 Medical Cars following the race from Siena
- 1 MRU at the Coordination Point in Piazza del Campo
- 1 Medical Car at the Coordination Point in Piazza del Campo
- 1 MRU at the Fortezza Medicea
- 1 PMA at the Pubblica Assistenza di Monteroni D’arbia venue.
At the Fortezza Medicea from around 12.30pm.
CHANGING ROOMS – SHOWERS
You will find toilets, changing rooms and showers at the Stadio Comunale Artemio Franchi in Siena (Viale dei Mille 3, 53100 Siena SI), not far from the Fortezza Medicea.
In Siena almost all parking lots are subject to a fee, in order to avoid bad surprises we advise you to consult the useful website www.sienaparcheggi.com. Also the parking area of the Stadium (closer), of the train Station and of Fonte Branda, are subject to a fee. The parking lots around the Medicea Fortress, are free of charge.
For those arriving in the city by camper we recommend the parking area “Il Fagiolone” which is free and has connections.
The Sportograf (www.sportgraf.com) is the only agency that is authorised to take and supply pictures of your participation in the Gran Fondo Strade Bianche 2018.
Only in case of EMERGENCIES (!!!) during the race, you can call this number: +39 3771756263
During the race we invite you to RESPECT THE ENVIRONMENT AND PERSONNEL that decided to give up their Sunday to allow you have a, hopefully, unforgettable experience.
Have fun and…ride into the legend!